Drew McKissick was elected State Chairman of the South Carolina Republican Party on May 13th, 2017. He is a Columbia, S.C.-based conservative political strategist with over thirty years of experience in grassroots politics and a passion for teaching others how the system works and how to make a difference.
His past work involved specializing in political strategy, planning and organization as well as the development of grassroots political education programs. He has served in elected and appointed positions within the Republican Party at all levels and in all aspects of the GOP’s organization. Most recently, he worked as the Eastern Director for Faith Engagement for the Republican National Committee, helping engage the faith community towards greater voter registration and issue education.
He is a former member of the the Electoral College (2004, 2012), and has written several books and other publications dealing with political education, organization, lobbying and campaigns which provide tips on effective conservative activism, (most recently: “The Grassroots 101 Training Series” and “How to Plan a Winning Campaign”).
He is a member of Congaree Baptist Church in Gadsden. He and his wife Amy reside in West Columbia, along with “Jasper”, their very willful Boykin Spaniel.
He likes Elvis and beating Democrats.
Areas of Expertise:
· Political strategy
· Campaign planning and organization
· Strategic communications
· Conservative grassroots activism
· Internet activism tools and strategies
· Grassroots lobbying
· “How-to” resources and tools for greater political impact
· Republican Party politics
· Political advisor to multiple campaigns and conservative grassroots organizations
· Thirty year Republican Party veteran, serving in appointed and elected positions at all levels
· Former Easter Director for Faith Engagement, Republican National Committee
· Former Republican National Committeeman from SC
· Delegate to seven Republican National Conventions
· Three time member of the Rules Committee, Republican National Convention
· Electoral College member: 2004 & 2012
· Elvis fan